Will you stay fit and Active over Christmas?
Alcohol, sitting on the sofa in front of the TV and lots of food? Sounds like Christmas…….
It’s the time of the year when it is very easy to put on weight and get lazy. We usually wait for Christmas to get finished till we hit the gym and start to exercise when in fact, we can stay fit and active over the Christmas period, so forget feeling guilty and frustrated…… Here are some ways which will keep you staying active this Christmas….
- First of all get up and do some exercise, if you have a routine of normally going to the gym throughout the week try to stilck to it as much as possible or even if you just get in a walk for 30 minutes a day to the shop, in the park- anywhere. It will make you feel better!
- Take one or two members of your family not forgetting the dog if you have one go for a brisk walk. The fresh air will do you good too 🙂
- As far as the food is concerned, try to choose a healthy option which for instance can be the turkey and the vegetables. We all love mince pies and chocolate but try to keep it in moderation. If you don’t normally eat that type of food in excess ask yourself why do it just because it’s Christmas? or take that family walk after you indulge to help keep you active and burn it off.
- The good news is that we have still a few days left before Christmas so why not bank some calories before the Christmas period by doing some exercise or something active for about 30 minutes a day. It will get you ready to stay even fitter around Christmas. Try something new at your local gym with friends and family taking advantage of any time off work over the holiday time you may have.
- Another way to exercise over the Christmas period can be something seasonal such as ice skating. Exercising in the cold burns even more calories than doing the same work out indoors.
- Another tip- don’t be shy this Christmas, dance as much as you can! Dancing burn lots of calories and will certainly put a smile on your face! It’s a very enjoyable way of staying active and remaining social at the same time.
- If It’s all about the tipple –creamy liqueurs such as Baileys are very calorificc so instead, go for the low calorie options like champagne which has only 111 calories or Tia Maria with only 131 calories. Mulled wine it’s about 245 calories per glass- so don’t be fooled.
All these little things and changes can make a massive difference. Staying active over Christmas is very easy. It’s all about your choice!
Have a great time one and all, we wish you a very Happy Christmas and enjoy all that goes with it!