Claire Baker – Director of YBFIT Training
Claire has worked with YBFIT Training since 2009 as a senior tutor and assessor and has also provided admin support in the office. With this experience and familiarity with the YBFIT Training brand and its clientele, when the opportunity for ownership came up she thought ‘Why not?’ And why not indeed! She became part owner in August 2012 and took sole ownership/directorship in April 2013
Who better to lead YBFIT Training into the future than someone who has not only worked with the YBFIT Training brand but also developed a love, loyalty and understanding of it?!
She plans to drive YBFIT Training into the future providing new and exciting avenues for individual learners to enter into a fitness career and continue to develop within the fitness industry. Enabling learners to become fit to instruct, to become licensed to train.
Whilst YBFIT Training is an established and respected training provider, Claire plans to continue to raise YBFIT Training’s profile by attending industry events, getting involved in the community and fitness related exhibitions.
Claire has over 25 years experience in the fitness industry and has undertaken many roles in that time, ranging from gym instructor to gym manager. Group exercise Coordinator/Teacher, Personal Trainer and Tutor/Assessor and Internal Quality Assurer. She also believes in practicing what she preaches and has run 2 marathons, half marathons and many 10k races. She has climbed mountains reaching the summits of Mount Kilimanjaro, Mount Toubkal and even getting to Everest Base Camp! Some of these events have been done to raise money for www.c-r-y.org – Cardiac Risk in the Young (CRY).
CRY raise awareness for sudden cardiac death in the young. A charity close to her heart who she still supports and also has been involved in a research project with St Georges Hospital and CRY in getting patients with genetic heart conditions back into exercise.
She loves a challenge whether physical, mental or professional… Her mother calls it her obstinate side but she likes to think of it as just not prepared to give up!
So watch out, once her mind is set… that’s it! We now wonder what is the next challenge?
- IIST Sports Therapy Diploma
- YMCA Teacher of Fitness Training
- PREMIER Optimum and sports Nutrition
- ENERGISE NUTRITION Weight Management Program
- ACADEMY TRAINING Core Conditioning back care
- ACSM Health/Fitness Instructor
- NASM Certified Personal Trainer Level 3
- NASM Integrated Flexibility Specialist Level 4
- Keiser Biking Certificate
- Body Pump Certified
- Body Balance Certified
- Speedo Aquatic Fitness System
- Pilates Matwork – Pilates Institute (OCR)
- Pilates – Modern Pilates progressive exercise
- Pilates Level 3 qualification
- CYQ Exercise to music
- RPM Certified
- First Aid at work
- REPS Advanced instructor Level 3
- Fit To Deliver Pre/Post Natal qualification
- YMCA FIT CYQ Assessing in the active Leisure Sector Qualification
- YMCA FIT CYQ Tutor training
- CYQ Certificate in Training & Development in the Active Leisure Sector
- CYQ QCF Readiness Training Day
- TRX Suspension Training Course
- Active IQ Level 4 Certificate in the Management of Low Back Pain
- Active IQ Level 3 Award in Designing Pre/Post Natal Programmes
- Active IQ level 4 Award in Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Process and Practice
- Active IQ Level 2 Award in Instructing Kettlebells
- CYQ Fitness Trainer Competition Judges Training
- Active IQ Level 3 AWard in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga
- Active IQ Level 2 Award in Mental Health Awareness
- Pearson BTEC Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training
- Stages Indoor Cycling Certificate
- APPI Pilates Shoulder Rehab
- APPI Pilates for Spinal Surgery
- YMCA Awards Level 3 Award in Adapting Exercise for Independently Active Older Adults