According to a government study in 2019
- Around 1 in 3 (34%) of men and 1 in 2 (42%) of women are not active enough for good health.
- Men are more likely to report being active at the recommended level than women.
- Physical activity varies with age and life stage.
- People tend to get less active with age, especially in older years.
- However, one in four people would be more active if advised by a healthcare professional so this presents a unique opportunity for you to support people to be more active.
The UK Chief Medical Officers’ Guidelines recommend each week adults do:
- At least 150 minutes moderate intensity activity, 75 minutes’ vigorous activity, or a mixture of both
- Strengthening activities on two days
- Reducing extended periods of sitting
This is a great time to put yourself out there and promote your fitness business, so be brave, be your own cheerleader and tell the world what you love and what you do. Consistency is key with your message and tell your audience how you can help them be a healthier better version of themselves.